Monday, August 15, 2011

Karate Kamp Weekend!

This past weekend took the kids and I to Sorrento, BC by the shores of Shuswap Lake.  This was our 3rd year at Karate Kamp.  The weekend begins on Friday evening with Karate practice out on Shihan's front yard.  Saturday starts off at 10am with more practice, finishing up about noon.   Later in the afternoon another practice and learning session takes place followed by a potluck dinner.  We finish up Sunday morning with another couple of hours of practice and teaching sessions, and then it's goodbye for another year.
Karate Kamp 2011

Zac learning some self defense moves.

Alley practicing with other brown belts.

Brown belts.

Zac practicing his katas.

Alley and her Sensei practise together.

Alley and Zac during a bo class.
Each year, the kids have come away from it with a better understanding of the art, met some other Karate Kids and had a lot of fun!  I've taken tons of pictures and enjoyed relaxing for a time in the Shuswap sun!
The type of karate my kids practice is Shorei Kan.  You can check out the link to find out more about our Dojo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day. I love getting feedback from you. Please take the time to let me know what you think of this post, and also, if you are a blogger in need of some blog-love, leave your site address so I can go visit you too!