Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Wildflowers by the Tracks

Zac and I went for a wander down the railroad tracks on our 1st of 2 days off in a row.    The wildflowers have begun to bloom and I couldn't resist taking their pictures.  I love the contrast of the bright flowers against the green and greys.


I think the wild rose buds are so much prettier than any you buy at the florist.  So dainty and fragile.

These are actually the flower buds of a dainty  pale yellow flower.  I loved the cluster of  little grey heads nodding in the breeze!
Lowly, but lovely!

This bee and I met up at a large patch of wild roses.  It was very busy and had no time to stay and chat and buzzed away to another patch.
Zac.
Buds and flowers.
Buzzzz!



Wandering back to camp.
Columbine.
I think these are a wild snap dragon.
Loon in Rose Lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day. I love getting feedback from you. Please take the time to let me know what you think of this post, and also, if you are a blogger in need of some blog-love, leave your site address so I can go visit you too!