Saturday, April 11, 2015

A Simple Herb Garden



With spring's arrival, I, like so many others, get the urge to get out in the garden and start digging, planting, growing.... Living in an RV, in an RV park, kinda changes that. I still want to get growing...but, I have no garden of my own to work in here. The park we are staying in has meticulously maintained gardens. Over the windy, wet and surprisingly sunny winter their gardens have been kept up nicely, and are now in the  process of being dug, weeded, planted and made ready for the multitude of summer vacationers who will soon be filling all the empty sites.  We won't be here then, as we move out in a month and head for the Little Shack.  Back to my own little patch of earth which has been hibernating under piles of snow all winter. I'm looking forward to getting my hands dirty and adding a few new perennials to my garden.




In the meantime, I thought I'd put together a little herb garden for my daughter, Jordan's, birthday. She will be celebrating it in early June, but we will be away then and I wanted to give it to her early.
While perusing the aisles of a 2nd hand store, I found they had a huge bunch of white coffee mugs, in different shapes and sizes.  And that's when I had my inspiration moment!



I chose 5 mugs in different styles and then picked up 5 herb plants. I had leftover soil from my Fairy Garden so that was already taken care of.  I also picked up a Sharpie marker to finish off the project.
Each herb went into a separate mug. I then labelled each mug using the Sharpie marker.
I feel so much better now, having satisfied my spring gardening urge!
How about you? Do you also get that "gotta go out and dig in the dirt' urge in the spring? Are you a gardener? I'd love to hear about your spring plant plans!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day. I love getting feedback from you. Please take the time to let me know what you think of this post, and also, if you are a blogger in need of some blog-love, leave your site address so I can go visit you too!