Thursday, April 4, 2013

Muffin in a Minute!-recipe

As you may, or may not, know, I'm following the New Atkins for a New You diet.  It is basically a low carb diet where you start out with only 20 grams of carbs a day in what they call the Induction Level, then after 2 or more weeks you slowly add 5 grams at a time back into your daily diet until you reach a level where your body is comfortable and you can maintain your weight.   I'm still in the Induction Level, and not finding it too difficult to follow.  I am guilty of turning to bread when I'm feeling hungry. It's quick, filling and tasty.  Not having anything to eat but veggies, salads and meat can be a little dull, but someone, somewhere came up with this amazing little recipe for those times when you just really want something more bread-like.  I really enjoy it with my eggs in the morning, or for a snack later on.  Try it and see what you think!  It's gluten free, salt free and very easy to make!
Muffin In A Minute
Here are the ingredients you'll need:
1/4 Cup Ground Flax
1 Egg
1/2tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. Butter
1 pkt. Splenda or ?
A Mug and a wee bit of Oil.

I forgot to put the Splenda in the snap! Oops!

1. Put a tiny bit of oil into the mug and use a paper towel to swish it all around.  I do this just to make sure my muffin slides out easily.
2. Add all the dry ingredients to the mug and stir with a fork. You can add loose Splenda or any other sugar substitute instead of the packaged kind. You can also add more sweetener if you prefer it sweeter.
3.Add the egg and the butter and stir well with the fork.
  

4.Microwave 1 minute or more (mine works best at 1 minute and 20 seconds, but it will depend on your microwave).
5. Turn mug upside down onto a plate.  It should slip out easily.

6. Cut in half, butter and enjoy!  Of course, you can add jam or jelly if you aren't dieting.  

This contains just 3 grams of carbs.
I hope you'll try this recipe. Easy and fast!


3 comments:

  1. Love easy, fast and tasty and it looks like these fit the bill! thanks for stopping by my place today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie...This is really good, hope you give it a try!

      Delete
  2. That came out of the mug nicely! Thanks for sharing on Tasty Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. I love getting feedback from you. Please take the time to let me know what you think of this post, and also, if you are a blogger in need of some blog-love, leave your site address so I can go visit you too!