Saturday, February 13, 2016

Easy Homemade Oven Fries

Fries!!  You know you want'em!! Who can resist them??  We know they aren't the best thing for us. If you don't, you're in denial.  So, what can we do to satiate this need for fries without having to resort to fast food restaurant's deep fried baddies? Make our own!!!
It is so easy to make these and takes no time at all. A nice change from boiled, baked or mashed. Easier than scalloped. Follow my directions and you'll be noshing on some soon!




You'll need some potatoes, (obviously!). I'm not picky about what kind, just whatever you have on hand. Give them a quick scrub, or a longer scrub if they are grubby ones. Grab your cutting board and a sharp knife. I start by cutting the 'tater' in half lengthwise, then turning it sliced side down and slicing it into 1/4 inch slices. Cut out any bad spots as you go.


Throw the sliced potatoes into a bowl. It depends on how many potatoes you are using as to how much oil to add. I used a 1/4 cup for 6 medium potatoes. Pour the oil on top and then sprinkle on your seasoning. Salt and pepper, Montreal Steak or Chicken spice, herbs, chili powder....your own personal preference is the only limit. Seasoning salt is a nice choice too. In this recipe I ground on some sea salt and some garlic and red pepper seasoning. A tablespoon is a good place to start with 6 medium potatoes. Add more if you like. You can always add more salt when they are done, so don't worry if you don't add enough the first time. Toss the potatoes to coat them evenly.

 Next dump the potatoes onto a cookie sheet or into a large cake pan. Spread them out evenly over the pan. Place them in a preheated 450F. oven and bake for 45 minutes. I use a flipper and move them around every 15 minutes.


 You'll know they are done when the potatoes are soft and slightly browned.


We had these with deer burgers. My son, Zac has started hunting with his Dad and has been blessed with a deer each of the last 2 falls.
Try different seasoning combinations and let me know what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day. I love getting feedback from you. Please take the time to let me know what you think of this post, and also, if you are a blogger in need of some blog-love, leave your site address so I can go visit you too!