Thursday, January 15, 2015

Painted Mason Jar(s)

*Note the babies breath trying to blow out of the jar!

Soooo....today I am supposed to be finishing up painting a wall in the Little Shack.  And I will...really!  But I got a little sidetracked this morning. Just a little.  I've been wanting to try painting a few Mason jars, and seen as how I had a paint brush in my hand and paint in the colour I wanted them to be, I figured- What the heck!  I'll just try one. So, here is my 'one'. I just had to share 'cause I think it looks so cool!  I'll reward myself when I actually finish painting the wall with doing some more.  Stay tuned!



Oh, and just so you know how dedicated I am...I had to go outside to take these photos as the light inside was just not doing the trick. It is windy and freezing out there!  -8 Celsius in fact! (Which is 17 Fahrenheit.)  Brrr! Stay warm!

8 comments:

  1. Eek to the cold! The jars look fab, so unique. Great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natalie! I'm really looking forward to making a few more. Hopefully it'll be warmer when I take pictures of them ;) -Sue

      Delete
  2. Love your dedication Sue! The mason jar looks great! I love a painted mason jar... but really I love any mason jar! Of course my preference is blue but red suits you. Can't wait to see your wall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Betsy! Glad you stopped by! I don't know what it is about red, but I have loved it since it can remember. It wasn't until we moved to the Little Shack that I was able to revisit it as a decor colour. (My teeny-bopper bedroom was red and white). But, you know, blue is okay too. LOL-Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is so cute! I need to paint me some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry! You really should! Let me guess...you would paint them white!! lol! I can see lovely white mason jars adorning your mantle or one of your awesome shelves!! Make sure you share the results, girlfriend!-Sue

      Delete
  5. The jars look great! Totally worth going outside to take pictures. :) Thank you for linking up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party. I have pinned your post to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Board.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny! Thanks! I've painted a couple more that I'll share when I get to it. I love the way they turned out! Thanks for the 'pin' and for throwing the awesome party!-Sue

      Delete

Your comments make my day. I love getting feedback from you. Please take the time to let me know what you think of this post, and also, if you are a blogger in need of some blog-love, leave your site address so I can go visit you too!